Well, my respect to all the bloggers out there who hold a full-time job and still find time to blog regularly went up ten folds.
Can’t believe its been two months already since my last post. I was planning to blog through my two week trip to Sydney. But like a typical onsite IT guy, I had to work both Australian and Indian timings close to 14 hours a day.
Its been more than a month since I returned, but let me reminisce my trip in no particular order.
– The immigration officer, the cashier at Travelex, the Vodafone salesman, the cabdriver to hotel, the receptionist at the hotel were all Indian or of Indian origin. The first non-Indian I met was the kid at McDonalds, the KFC next door has all Indian staff.
– The way we Indians collect change from cashier might be a little different. I am not sure how, but most of our shopkeepers keep the change on the counter/desk and we take it from there or we open our palm and they keep the coins in our palm. In Australia it was from hand to hand. This might be a simple case where I’m a little quirky.
– Noticed higher percent of old people on streets/restaurants, it might be demographics(higher percentage of old people) or just that Indian old people prefer to stay home.
– Lots of East Asians in Sydney CBD, must be around 25%.
– Cab ride from Airport to my hotel in Ryde cost 83 AUD. WTF!
– Amazing public transport and the best part is bus, train and ferry were all integrated. full day multipass and can hop on anything you see. 🙂